Head of the Department: Doctor of Law., Associate Professor Kamytov Kanatbek Tokoevich
Information about the department
The history of the department began in 2003, when on the basis of the Institute for Retraining and Advanced Studies (IPPK) of personnel at KGNU the Kyrgyz State Law Academy was established. The Department of Criminal Law of the IPPK was transformed into the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology of the KSLA.
In 2007, by the decision of the Academic Council and the order of the rector of the Kyrgyz State Law Academy, the department was renamed. As a result, the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology was divided into two independent departments:
- Department of Criminal Law;
- Department of Criminal Executive Law and Criminology.
From the day of education, i.e. from 2003 to 2007 it was headed by Kurmanov Karpek Shamsudinovich, Doctor of Law; from 2008 to 2012, the department was headed by the candidate of legal sciences, Esenbekova Asiya Tashtanbekovna; Sarmanova Bakhtygul Osmonbekovna from 2012 to 2013, candidate of legal sciences; Urmatbek Sulaiman from 2013 to 2014, candidate of legal sciences; Esenbekova Asiya Tashtanbekovna from 2015 to 2019, Candidate of Legal Sciences, Acting Associate Professor; from 2019 to November 2020, the department was headed by the acting. head, senior teacher Baigubatova Nadira Rakhymbekovna.
Year of foundation
The number of teachers
Activity of the department
The department carries out activities for the training of highly qualified lawyers-specialists in the field of criminal law and the development of scientific research in this area
The departmentteaching staff
8 full-time teachers work at the department, including Doctor of Legal Sciences -1, Candidates of Legal Sciences -3, associate professors – 4; senior lecturers – 2, lecturers – 2. part-time students, 6 of them doctor of legal sciences -1, senior lecturers -1, teachers -4.
- The Department of Criminal Law was awarded a Diploma based on the results of the annual competition “Best Department” of the KSLA for the 2016-2017 academic year;
- The Department of Criminal Law in 2019 was awarded
- letter of thanks from N.V. Nikitenko, representative of the Committee on Law Enforcement, Combating Crime and Combating Corruption of the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, for a long and fruitful work in the field of training highly qualified personnel and for conducting an examination of draft laws of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- The work of the staff of the Department of Criminal Law was marked with a number of awards and certificates:
- The badge “Excellence in Education of the Kyrgyz Republic” was awarded to G.N. Saparaliev, October 21, 2013;
- Honorary Diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic, G.N. Saparalieva (2010), E.K. Bolotbekova (2014);
- Breast medal “Excellence in Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic”, for many years of fruitful work and active interaction with the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic, was awarded A.T. Esenbekova, June 23, 2017;
- A diploma of the State Penitentiary Service under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, for active participation in the activities of the penal system and significant contribution to strengthening cooperation, was awarded to B.O. Sarmanov, June 22, 2017;
- The jubilee medal “Kyrgyz police 90 zhyl” was awarded to N.R. Baygubatov, June 21, 2017;