Director: Mirdin Alykulovich Akhmetov Tel: +996 507 060 654, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant director: Dur Erkinbekovich Askarbekov Tel: +996 772 675 593, e-mail: email@example.com
Leading Specialist: Aizada Narynbekovna Omurkulova Tel: +996 500 990 603, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 18-402 Gorkiy St., Bishkek, IT Academy
Tel: +996 312 392 104
E-mail подразделения: email@example.com
History of the Institute
The Institute of International Relations and International Law is the youngest institute in the Kyrgyz State Law University. The history of the Institute began in 2009, when the International Law Faculty was established by the order of the Rector of the KSLA №81 dated 01.06.2006. On 01 October 2019 the Faculty was transformed to the Institute of International Law and International Relations. The Institute was established with the aim of preparing highly qualified legal specialists, who are intellectual, political and business elite of our state, who have a broad outlook and deep professional competencies, abilities for rational thinking and deep knowledge of both national and international legislation.
Today, the Institute of International Relations and International Law is one of the largest institutions in the structure of the University, more than 600 students study here. The Institute is famous for its traditions, cooperation with foreign universities and its creativity.
Over the years of the institute’s existence, the main directions of its activities have been formed, focused, on the one hand, on the problems of comparative law, and on the other — on conducting fundamental research in the field of international public and international private law, as well as specialized language training, since French, Chinese, Arabic, English and other languages are studied at the institute, which play an important role in the current labor market.
Currently, the Institute prepares personnel in the following areas with the assignment of an academic bachelor’s degree on the basis of full secondary education and an academic master’s degree on the basis of full higher education, in the following areas:
- In the direction of 530500 jurisprudence:
а) International law;
б) Islamic Law;
в) Chinese Law;
г) European law.
2) In the direction of 530800 International relations:
а) Diplomatic and Consular service;
б) Global migration processes.
The level of training of students is determined by the professionalism of their teachers. The Institute has always had highly qualified teaching staff. Outstanding scientists and practitioners, professors worked here such as Doctor of Law, Professor-Consultant Orozbai Zhusupbaevich Samatov, Adviser to the Chairman of the State Penitentiary Service under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, Police Colonel, Doctor of Law Abdish Abazovich Koombaev and others.
Although there is no official training area “international lawyer”, the demand for professional lawyers in the field of international relations is constantly growing. The reasons are clear: jurisprudence is invading international law more and more actively.
The Institute of International Law and International Relations and the students of the Institute actively participate in the public life of the University. We can proudly cite the following achievements of the Institute and students of IILIR:
- IILIR took first place at the summer Spartakiad among the institutes of the KSLA in 2013;
- In 2019, the creative team of the Institute took first place in the amateur performances sports competition among students;
Also, students of the Institute actively participate in various brain rings, international conferences and in the UN Model, where they show excellent results and take prizes:
- In 2019, students were awarded a diploma in the nomination Resourceful team in the Brain Ring on the History of the state and law of Kyrgyzstan;
- In 2019, they were awarded a diploma for active participation in the interfaculty competition on the discipline of Labor law;
- In 2019, they were awarded a diploma of the 2nd degree at the Land Law tournament among 4th year students;
- Following the motto of the institute “The Way to Success”, our students never give up and strive for victory, and in 2019 our students were awarded a diploma for the will to win in the annual Brain Ring on the History of State and Law of foreign countries;
At the same time, students travel to various international conferences in the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Uzbekistan and other countries. This list of achievements is not exhaustive, as the Institute is preparing the future of Kyrgyzstan.
The best graduates of the Institute:
- Nurmukhammat Kanymkulovich Kanymkulov, Graduate of Islamic Law in 2016, Consul of the Kyrgyz Republic in the State of Kuwait;
- Marat Emir, Graduate of International Public Law in 2017, a lawyer at Kumtor Gold Company CJSC;
- Dur Erkinbekovich Askarbekov, Graduate of Islamic Law in 2015, Candidate of Legal Sciences, Deputy Director of the Institute of International Law and International Relations, Senior Teacher of the Department of International Law and World Politics;
- Erkinai Taalaibekovna Taalaibekova, Graduate of Islamic Law in 2016, Head of the Digital Development Department of the Kyrgyz State Law University;
- Adilet Sharshenaly uulu, Graduate of Trade Law in 2015, Head of the Legal Support Department of the Central Commission for Elections and Referendums of the Kyrgyz Republic.